Will my shoplifting incident appear on my record? 6 Answers as of February 18, 2014

Yesterday, I was caught shoplifting. It was some panties that where on sale but they make me sign a paper which says the real price of them, so the full price, I don't know if that happen in every case. Then I got a ticket from the police, but luckily, they didn't take me with them. I want to know if it will appear in my records, it was the first time and I'm 22 and how bad it could be since I'm a tourist here.

Yes, it is appropriate to charge you with the actual value... not the sale value. In any event, the amount is irrelevant. If convicted, yes, it will appear on your record.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Yes, if you plead guilty or are convicted, the shoplifting conviction will appear on your permanent criminal record and it can not be expunged later. I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney to represent you if you want to get the shoplifting charge dismissed or amended to lesser offense, such as "Littering."
It will appear on your record. Best to get a lawyer and fight the matter.
Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye, tourist or not. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life, or fail to appear on the court date and have a warrant issued for your arrest.
It will be on your record.