Will my previous citizenship, age gap will affect my application for K1 visa for my fiancee? 4 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I am divorced woman 32 yrs old with 3 kids and with annual income of 40,ooo US dollar. Originally I am a Filipino Citizen and naturalized American citizen. I have a boyfriend 26 yrs old and who is in the Philippines and I want to apply him for a fiancee/K1 visa. Will our age gap, previous citizenship and my annual salary income will affect my petition? Please I need an advice. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
The short answer is, yes. All of those things will affect your application, but they do not make it impossible for you to bring your boyfriend to the U.S. as a fiance. Obviously, $40,000 with three kids does not leave you with much extra spending money to hire an attorney, but if this is important to you I encourage you to at least consult with an attorney so you can get proper guidance or to hire an attorney.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 7/7/2011
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
The key issue is whether you can provide sufficient evidence to show your good faith relationship. If you have sufficient evidence to support the validity of your relationship, the consulate should not denial your visa.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/7/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
The age gap may raise a question but should not be a basis for a denial as long as you can show the bona fides of the relationship.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/4/2013
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
That is not a significant difference in age. Your previous citizenship should not be material to the K-1 petition. For a family of 5 (you, three children and your current fianc), the minimum income is approximately $33,000. The basis for your previous permanent residence may be a question; but if you have not filed for anyone else, and you can prove up the bona fides of the relationship, your K-1 should be approved.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: