Will my patent be internationally protected? 2 Answers as of August 19, 2010

If I file a patent for a product that I have been developing, will this give me international protection?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
No. You have to file and obtain protection in every jurisdiction you desire. Unless you know how to do all these thing properly and effectively, you really must hire a patent lawyer or a help firm to educate you and help you do things right.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/19/2010
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
No, you will have to file for a special application called a PCT application, which you can use to give you patent protection in other countries. The rules for these applications are different, and the fees are higher. Be sure to discuss the matter with your patent attorney for case by case differences.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/18/2010
Click to View More Answers: