Will my new spouse have to pay for child support? 8 Answers as of May 30, 2013

I'm getting married in July. I pay child support for two children from a past marriage. Will my new spouse have to pay my child support?

Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
You are the Father (or Mother) and; you are the one who needs to support your child. Now is somewhere down the line you get behind then some of your assets can be attached and taken to pay for support or welfare.
No. New spouses and new mates' incomes are considered, for child support purposes, only in connection with income taxes - if you file married filing separately, you are in a higher bracket, and if you and your new wife file joingly, your combined incomes may put you in a higher marginal income tax bracket, and taxes come into consideration when determining child support. However, child support would be based on your income, not your wife's income or joint income.
No.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No.
Law Office of Jane E. Ginsburg
Law Office of Jane E. Ginsburg | Jane Ginsburg
Child support you pay is based only on your income. The only consideration the child support calculation takes into effect is your tax filing status, i.e. whether you file as married or married/filing jointly.