Will my misdemeanors cause my deportation? 2 Answers as of September 26, 2014

Hello, I'm a permanent resident and I have a class C assault back when I was 17, I'm 31 now. I had my tongue pierced and my mother didn't like it so she kept hitting me in my face and she wouldn't stop so I threatened to kill her. I didn't mean it, I just said it so she would stop hitting me. Five years ago I was serving at my job and they did a sting so I got caught selling alcohol to a minor, this was in another state. The charge was a 4th degree felony but since I had no prior record they dropped it down to a misdemeanor. I was researching immigration rules & it states that if you have two misdemeanors then you are deportable. My question is: Will my class C assault stand as a misdemeanor since I was a minor? I'm scared to renew my green card in fear of deportation.

SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
You will probably be okay, but you should contact an attorney and show your certified court dispositions to be certain.
I would try getting both charges expunged, before you start with immigration.