Will my landlord be able to evict me for filing bankruptcy? How? 3 Answers as of June 05, 2015

If my landlord finds out that I filed for bankruptcy will he be able to evict me? I have been current on all of my payments and we are in good standing. If he finds out I might be out of a place to live.

Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
The bankruptcy court is going have to get a signed statement from your landlord that you are current on your rent. So I would tell him that file bankruptcy before you do and assure him that you going to keep paying your rent and that should be easier to do because you will be get rid of your outstanding debts.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Generally bankruptcy is a breach of a lease.. however landlords will not evict you as long as they are getting paid. So if you are current on your lease and you reaffirm the lease as a valid contract its likely nothing will happen.
Your landlord has no complaint if you are current.