Will my immigration petition be denied because of differences in age and religion? 7 Answers as of January 26, 2011

Thanks for all of the stuff here on this useful site. My case is immigration CR1 visa for my husband. I am a US citizen, 46 years and Christian . My husband is Egyptian, 26 years and Muslim. The age difference and religious difference may be a cause for denial by counselor officer. if he has right to refuse my petition for this only these causes although we have bonafide of relationship. To what extent that 2 causes can affect my petition? What can I do if I get denied?

The burden is on you to prove that you have entered into a good faith marriage. An extreme difference in age is one factor the Officer will look at along with a difference in religion but that does not mean the case is doomed to failure. As always I recommend presenting a strong case affirmatively to show you have had a relationship over an extended period of time, your correspondence, how did you meet, ongoing communication, any trips to see each other, presents to each other, emails and phone bills, etc. Is he in or out of the U.S.? If you want our assistance on your case, feel free to contact me at the email and phone number indicated below.
Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
No, it is against the law for the government to discriminate based on these factors.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
An immigration officer has the discretion to approve your case. However, this does not mean that your case will be denied because of an age or religious difference.if you have provided evidence of a good faith marriage and you are consistent in your answers, there should not be a problem in having your application approved. If you have a conditional residency then you must be in the process of removing the condition. Consider having an attorney accompany you to the interview.
Be prepared for appeal or refiling your case because it sounds like 20 years difference and religion provide with USCIS adjudicator reasons to doubt about bona fides of your marriage. Argument must be made to overcome their doubts. You will most likely receive an Intent to Deny letter. Hire a lawyer to respond for you with the right argument and evidence! Good luck!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You need to properly document your relationship (joint rental agreement, photos, joint medical insurance, etc.). If your marriage is bona fide, it should be all right.
    Javia & Moore
    Javia & Moore | Marisa-Andrea Moore
    These factors in and of themselves will not be cause for denial. However, they may be relevant factors to help the immigration officer determine the bonafides of the marriage. For example, you will be expected to know the religion of one another and each other's ages. You may also be expected to know a little about each other's religious practices (that is, does one of you attend church, how often, etc). Not knowing these things about each other may cause the immigration officer to question whether the marriage is a legitimate one and may result in a denial.
    Differences in age and religion are one of the primary reasons petitions and immigrant visas based on marriage are denied. What you can do it if is denied depends on who denies it. If USCIS denies the petition you can appeal the decision. If the consular office denies the visa, you cannot appeal the decision. In a situation like yours, you should speak to an immigrant attorney so that the case can be properly presented.