Will my husbands name be on the title? 5 Answers as of June 07, 2011

Bought a mobile home. I paid 25,000 down my boyfriend cosigned for me. He is now my husband and has of course paid on this. Will this house be totally mine so I can will it to my grandson or will his name also be on the title?

You should look at your title for who owns the property. It may be that your husband is on the loan but not the title. Either way, please note that your husband has rights to some of your property when you pass. Including the ability to decline any inheritance under a Will and instead take an intestate share. You should seek the advice of an Estate Planning attorney to determine your course of action.
It depends upon who has their name on the title to the mobile home - regardless of who paid the mortgage on it. He, nonetheless, may have a claim to part of the home if he paid substantial money towards it under and equitable trust claim. Speak to a lawyer about this matter before going further. Good luck.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Since you are married, if you died before him, then he would have the right to a life estate (live in the home for his life) or 1/2 the proceeds from the sale of the home unless you had him sign away his rights through a deed or post nuptial agreement.
That depends on what you and he signed when you bought it.
First, just because he cosigned on the loan does not give him any ownership rights in the mobile home, and unless you place his name on the title, he has no legal interest. Second, whether he can claim any rights in the mobile home since he has become your husband depends on the state where you live. In community property states, he may assert a property right based on, and to the extent equity is created based on part of his community property being used to pay down debt on the mobile home.