Will my husband be notified of my shoplifting charge? How? 5 Answers as of August 20, 2015

My husband is in the military, and I was caught shoplifting. Do they notify him or his commander? Does he get in trouble for it too?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Why would he get in trouble for a shoplifting that he did not do?
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/20/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Instead of worrying about that, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
It is extremely doubtful that your husband would be in any manner in trouble due to your criminal activity. Generally, criminal prosecutions are of the individual who has committed the unlawful act and other parties to not have to be notified unless the party is a minor or somehow protected in the law by a guardianship or some similar relationship. You should get yourself an attorney and attempt to defend yourself or mitigate your damages to the maximum extent possible, and you should not be making admissions of criminal activity over the Internet.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/19/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No, the court will not notify your husband about your shoplifting charge and he will not get in trouble for it. Hire an attorney to represent you if you want to get your shoplifting charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/19/2015
Law Office of Russell A. Warren
Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
No - he has no part in the case. The court should only contact you.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/19/2015
Click to View More Answers: