Will my green card petition be considered invalid? 2 Answers as of March 11, 2011

My mom was married to an American citizen in 2005 and became a permanent GC holder back in 2006 (they have one child together). She was naturalized in Sept 2010. In Dec 2010, after a family dispute, and minor physical assault, my stepdad Divorced my mom. My father sponsored, petitioned, and filed an affidavit of support for my green card (I got 10-years-GC back in 2007). He asked for my GC number A# recently, I scared he wanted to contact USCIS saying that we got it through fraud because he is really furious at us at the moment. My question was, can he do that? He doesn't have any proofs whatsoever for his claim since it was a legit non-working marriage (one children). Will USCIS revoke my green card? (I'm 15 months away from naturalization). Thank you sir/madam for your kind answers.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Simple. If he calls you again, and asks for the A-number, ask him why?

You don't have to give it to him. It should be on his own records. You already have the green card. You are not party to any fraud, so don't bother. Knowing false statements on his part can subject him to criminal penalties as well. You are derivatively the beneficiary, and that is your hook to avoiding any liability, even if your mom committed fraud. And if she didn't, then I repeat, false statements to immigration authorities can put him in prison. Your N-400 will not require disclosure, unless a Request For Evidence (RFE) requires you to make a statement to refute any lies he tells. A good immigration lawyer will help avoid that.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You do not have to provide your dad with the information if you do not feel comfortable. As long as the marriage was legit (and it was-they even had a child together), you are OK.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: