Will my green card be denied for use of Medicaid? 1 Answers as of October 16, 2010

When I was on my F2 visa I used Medicaid and the Women, Infants and Children program for prenatal care. I am now on my H4 visa. I only used the Medicaid and WIC during my pregnancy. IS this going to be a problem when I go in for consular processing? Is it considered a public charge?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
In short, the answer is no. If you are a student, you would be covered by the student health program, which is an exception to the prohibition to becoming a public charge while an applicant for adjustment of status. The Medicaid and WIC programs are related to pre and postnatal health care, related to the child, not yourself. If you have any further questions, or wants help on your adjustment of status, call or e-mail me to set up an appointment for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: