Will my felony probation be revoked for an arrest for DWIs? 1 Answers as of March 09, 2011

My friend is on felony probation for grand theft(8 years) until 2016. She had a warrant for her arrested issued in sept 2010,but she did not turn her self in or notify her probation officer. In february she was arrested for dwls or revoked with knowledge and for the warrant on the previous charge. She also has been arrested 3 or 4 times prior for dwls or revoked before being arrested for a warrant for grand theft and placed on felony probation. She is currently being held without bond. Will her probation be revoked and will she be sentenced to prison or jail. If so about how much time is she facing?

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
Your friend's probation will definitely be revoked and she will have another new charge of dwls or revoked w/ knowledge. Given the fact that she has 3 or 4 prior dwls and now has the 3rd degree felony, she is potentially looking at 5 years in prison. There is no bond set because of the violation of probation. There may be something that an attorney can do for her, so she should consult with one further. If she is in the Tampa Bay area, please find out if she would like a consultation and give me a call.