Will my felony case be a problem applying before my court date? 3 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I am being charged with a felony (aggravated stalking). I have not been convicted yet and the case is always postponed. I am due to apply for citizenship next month. Will it be a problem applying before my court date?

You must fight this felony because it could cause deportation. Once you become a citizen it's no longer a problem. This could hinder your application.
You need to speak to an immigrant attorney BEFORE you plead to anything regarding your criminal matter. Many convictions, especially felony convictions, could lead to you being deported. As for filing for Naturalization, your application will not be approved until the pending charge is resolved. If the charge results in a conviction it is likely your naturalization application will be denied, and it could result in USCIS trying to deport you. Again, you must speak to an immigration attorney regarding this matter since any conviction could have serious immigration consequences.
Its best you try to get to the interview before charges are placed against you.