Will my family be deported? 5 Answers as of July 12, 2013

My father came to the states on a asylum status. He brought myself, my brother and my mother to the states after a few years. Now my father is a permanent resident and the rest of us are U.S citizens. There is a chance my father will get deported because of domestic violence occurrences and he is threatening my mother and I that if he gets deported he will tell the courts that he initially applied asylum under different name, and than when he didn't get approved he applied under different alias. This would be considered fraud, I believe. His claim is that since he brought us on the basis of his asylum case, we would get deported as well. My question is does his claims have any validity? should we be worried?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
If your father was granted asylum under false pretenses, then certainly he could have his permanent residence revoked and be deported. As his dependent family members received dependent permanent resident status, they too could have their permanent residence revoked. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/8/2011
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
Is the whole family now permanent residents?
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/12/2013
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
I wouldn't be too worried. It seems like your father is attempting to use intimidation and fear to get his way. This is typical of an abusive spouse. It's unlikely ICE would pursue an action against the rest of your family under these circumstances.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/7/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
If your father committed fraud to obtain asylum status for you then USCIS has the option to revoke your citizenship, revoke your permanent residency status and put you in immigration proceedings for deportation. You should consult with immigration counsel to review the facts but USCIS would have to first request the court to revoke your citizenship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
This is too complicated to answer on a post like this. Did your mother or anyone else know what he was doing? Can he prove his claims? Now that you are citizens you cannot be deported. The government would have to revoke your citizenship, which is a complicated process.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: