Will my ex be entitled to my stock option grants? 2 Answers as of March 21, 2011

We were married in CA for only 8 months. I have stock option grants and bonuses from my employer which were received or earned before the marriage for which the cash was received during the marriage (i.e stock grant only vested during marriage and my bonus was related to my prior year employment) - Is my soon to be ex-husband entitled to any of that?

The issue is when the right was granted not when it was received. If you earned the stocks options before marriage, then it is your property.
If I understand your description of the facts (that no amounts accrued during marriage, but you were merely paid during marriage for prior accruals, then no, your spouse is not entitled to any of those funds. Also, because your marriage was so short, if there was any accrual during marriage, I would imagine it is minimal enough that it's not worth litigating. I.e., attorney fees may exceed any disputed amount. If any further questions, feel free to call. Good luck!