Will my DUI which I got 10 years ago be off my record once I finish my 3 month program? 3 Answers as of December 29, 2014

I got a DUI in May of 2004 and it has been over 10 years now. I really screwed this up where I didn't take care of it and had a warrant on my name due to missing court dates and not completing what needed to be taken care of for the DUI. I was sentenced to 20 days of jail and I completed all that and all that is left is to take care of is my 3 month classes program. I am currently enrolled in classes and I will be done with everything by December of this year. Will the DUI come off of my record as soon as my classes are complete? I am no longer on probation for anything and I haven't driven in a very long time. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

A DUI over 10 years old will not appear on most DMV printouts that go out to insurance companies and anyone to whom you have given permission to see your criminal history. It may appear on your automated criminal history maintained by the State or by the federal authorities. Judges and law enforcement will also have access to it in the event you are charged or suspected of a new criminal offense. While you can have such a conviction expunged (see my other postings on that subject) it is never actually erased. On the other hand a conviction that old is not available for additional punishment and most employers will not have access to it.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
DUI is always on record. Question is whether it can be used against you as prior conviction, and that is 10 years from offense to offense.
No it won't. Your probation was stayed as soon as a warrant was issued. Once that's taken care of, you will need to complete the rest of your probation that was frozen before you can even think about expungement. For that you need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s).