Will my DUI stay on my record from seven years ago? 10 Answers as of August 24, 2011

I got a DUI when I was 16. Is it on my driving record? can I get a truck driving job? Will the DUI be on my record I am 23 years old now.

There are two separate issues here I think. All criminal convictions will forever remain on your public record unless expunged or sealed. Since it happened when you were 16 you can try having it sealed but I doubt it. Were you charged as a juvenile or as an adult? Juvenile adjudications are sealed from the public and can be expunged once you turn 24 provided no other convictions are on your record. Otherwise, you have to wait five years to have it expunged. The points from the DUI will remain on your driving record for two years, but the charge will remain on your criminal record forever unless expunged or sealed.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Steven C. Bullock
Your OWI will stay on your driving record forever! You should get a copy of your driving record to see what it says and to make certain it is accurate.
The DUI will stay on your record forever. There is no way to get it off.
Nichols Law Firm
Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
It will stay there for life. Sorry to tell you but you cannot expunge a dui.
Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C.
Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C. | Loren Dickstein
Unfortunately a DUI will stay on your record forever. The only way to get such a conviction off your record would be to file and win a Motion for Relief from Judgment. This is commonly referred to as a 6.500 Motion. These motions are very complex and in misdemeanor cases often require the prosecutor's concurrence. You should consult with an experienced Michigan criminal defense lawyer.
    If your DUI was when you were 16, it would be part of your juvenile record which is a public record. Because it was a moving offense, it would also be on your driving record if a complete driving record was obtained. As for employment, since it was 7 years ago and you have no other offenses, you may be able to make disclosure and explain that it was a dumb mistake made in your youth. Most insurance companies should not have a problem with an offense that old.
    DUI convictions are for life in Michigan. No chance to get expunged. It's in the statute. Sorry for the bad news.
    Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
    Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
    Law Offices of Jeffery A. Cojocar, PC
    Law Offices of Jeffery A. Cojocar, PC | Jeffery A. Cojocar
    It never is removed from your record
    In Michigan, a DUI cannot get expunged.