Will my drug felony case affect my I130 for my wife? 4 Answers as of December 10, 2013

I was born in the States. I have a felony drug related crime. I am on 4 years of probation prior to my drug case. I have 6 years left on it. It was a 10 year probation sentence. Will this affect my I130 for my wife coming to the States? I filed the I130 since March 7, 2013 and got a letter back saying it's in process.

Your criminal history should not affect your wife's immigration application. It is the alien's criminal history that USCIS is concerned with and not the criminal history of the U.S. citizen spouse. Good luck.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
As a matter of law, it should be irrelevant. As a practical matter, the CIS could choose to interview you and your wife because of that conviction.
A drug conviction will not affect your I-130. Only crimes stated in Adam Walsh Act will prevent a person to file immigration petitions
It could be an issue depending upon the actual statute under which you were convicted. You would be best advised to take a copy of your criminal record to an experienced immigration attorney.