Will my dismissed Petty Theft Case On record show up on a Live Scan? 5 Answers as of June 22, 2011

I have a dismissed misdemeanor petty theft case on my record. My school's clinical site does background checks using Live Scan. Would that show on my record when they process it? If it does how could I remove it from my record.

The arrest will. It doesnt get removed. Records are forever, for a reason. If there was no conviction, an actual dismissal without conviction or plea, then there will be no entry for conviction.
Law Office of Joe Dane
Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
If you were arrested and a court case was filed, then odds are it will show up on your background. It should show as dismissed, however. Dismissed doesn't mean it won't be on your record. If you were arrested, but no charges were filed, you can look into a petition for factual innocence - that is about the only way to remove something from your record.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Yes. The charge will likely show up on a Live Scan. It is best to be honest when filling out an application for employment or school related activities. Although the charge will show up on your record, it will show up as a dismissal and not a conviction; which is a big difference.
If it was "truly" dismissed, then no it will not show up.
I'm not completely clear what you mean when you say the case was "dismissed." If you mean that you were never convicted then you have nothing to worry about. If you pled guilty or were convicted and later had it expunged, it might still show up on a live scan for a while but should eventually drop off. If you haven't had expungement, you should get one (assuming you pled guilty or were convicted.) Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss your situation.