Will my criminal record show up on fingerprinting? 3 Answers as of May 02, 2011

In 2001 I had a felony showing on my record from the statcord for ten years in Michigan for forgery. On my records they put a felony that would show up on record for ten years. I’ve moved to the state of Arizona and want to work for assistant senior facilities and Arizona does fingerprinting so will my felony from the past affect the career that I’ve been doing my entire working years here the state of Arizona?

A felony is reported in the LIEN system. Any check of that system will likely show up as part of your criminal record. Therefore, the Michigan record will likely be found in Arizona. If you have only this one felony, you would perhaps be eligible for an expungement. This would be requested in the Court where the conviction occurred. If successful, the record would be gone, and your fingerprints could be removed from the system. Should you be in need of assistance in getting an expungement, you may contact my office to discuss hiring me to represent you.
It's possible it could show up on background checks. If you only have one conviction on your record, you may be able to have it expunged. Contact a Michigan attorney for more information.
Felonies do not disappear ever off of a record. If you have one count of one crime ever, you can move to set aside the conviction. It is complex, but can be done. Click on the link to your left to call me and discuss.