Will my children go with my wife if she is deported? 7 Answers as of June 02, 2011

If my wife gets deported, will my kids go back with her? The kids were born in the US and live in the us but she is from Denmark. I am from the us citizen.

This is a question best put to a family law attorney. But for whatever it is worth, my understanding is that the USC children remain in the US unless a US Court grants your foreign wife full custody with full awareness that they will be taken outside the US and orders it so. Normally minor children are not allowed to fly outside the country without both parents' consent. So, please consult competent counsel in family law matters. Good luck!
The government cannot deport a US citizen.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
No, the children can stay with you if you desire. They are US citizens.
Generally speaking, the children are not an immigration issue as they are US citizens. Have you filed for permanent residence for your wife? Attached is information regarding the process, please call me for more details to address your situation.
If you can't stop the deportation, they can. but they don't have to because they are US citizen. If you want to cancel deportation, you should hire a lawyer asap. Good luck!
    Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
    Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
    Your children are US citizens, thus they do not need to go back. Why is your wife being deported, if the two of you are married and she entered legally, it should be relatively easy to keep her here. Speak with an immigration attorney. For a free consultation, contact my office.
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
    If I were you I would file a petition in family Court to make provisions for the deportation. The Judge can order the children to stay with you but everything will depend on your particular facts and jurisdiction.