Will my case still be on my record after the case is sealed? 3 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I was charged for Petit Larceny, P.L. 155.25 on Jan 2011. I had fingerprints and got A Desk Appearance Ticket in police station. I went to the court on Feb 2011and the Judge suggested me to take the shoplifting program and if no trouble within 6 months the charge will be dismissed and sealed by Aug 2011. Which is called ACD. After 6 months the case will be sealed, will it show up on my background check? If some employment request fingerprint background check, It will show up on it detail? Such bank, police or government job.

You do not mention your age at the time , if you were 19 or younger, in addition to the ACD, you should qualify for Youthful offender treatment which means that in addition to the records being sealed, the charges would be vacated. Generally if the records are sealed then no one ( except certain law enforcement personel ) can see the details but they can see that you were given an ACD.
If an ACD has been granted and you don't get rearrested within 6 months, then the record should be sealed and the case Dismissed. Whether it will show up is difficult to tell. It's not supposed to show up though. Good luck.
Since you were given a delayed dismissal ACD the record will be sealed and you will have no conviction after the 6 month period. The police, government, military, DA, and courts will be able to see that you were arrested for shoplifting and that it was dismissed but schools, employers, and other will not be able to see what is on the NYSID police computer. If you are arrested again they will not give you another dismissal so learn from this experience. Your reputation is important and you must try not to get into trouble again so that you will be able to get a good job or career. This will not hurt you unless you are arrested again. Good luck.