Will my brother be able to sponsor me in the US? 8 Answers as of September 02, 2011

My brother is on green card visa but his wife is citizen of usa so what will be best option who will sponsor me for visiting usa me and my 15 year son

The Law Office of Koichi M. Yanagizawa | Koichi Moseley Yanagizawa
Neither the brother nor sister-in-law can sponsor you for green cars.
For a tourist visa, you will have to apply at the US consulate that has jurisdiction over your residency. If the consulate is satisfied that you have enough ties to your country and will not come to stay in the US for good, an affidavit of support from your brother will help then.
This is not a very good option as it will take a long time. First, your brother needs to be a US citizen. He can apply after he has been a permanent resident for three years if he meets all the other requirements. It takes about 6 months for citizenship. After that he can start the process, but it takes about 11 years for the priority date to be current, depending on what country you are from. So about 15 years from now. Your son will be over 21 by then, so he will not be able to immigrate with you.
Both your brother and his wife could send an invitation for you to visit the United States. This would be for a non-immigrant visa to temporarily enter the United States. You will be required to attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate and establish your intent to remain in the U.S. only so long as authorized.
Either one of them can sponsor you to come visit the US. You have to make sure that you comply with the conditions and/or requirements set by the US Consulate in your home country. Go to their website and look for that info. Good luck!
    Your brother is not able to sponsor you until he becomes a U.S. citizen. After that the sponsorship just gets you a place in line and it is likely to be 10+ years before you can benefit from the Petition. At that time your son is likely to be too old to benefit . You may want to consult an immigration attorney on other options to come to the U.S.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Your brother must become a U.S. Citizen to sponsor you and your son. Your brother's wife cannot sponsor you.
    You have to wait until your brother is a USC. He will then be allowed to sponsor you. Your sister in law does not have that opportunity.