Will my boyfriends criminal record affect my paperwork? 7 Answers as of August 17, 2011

I have a boyfriend and he was born and raised in us but he has some felony for drugs and he has child support for his two children. He wants to help me to get my documents in order but I don't know if his past history can cause more trouble to me than help. What should i do? He is not working at the moment.

If he is not convicted of an offense involved a minor, he can petition you after you get married.
His criminal record generally will not affect his petition for you. He will need to show he has enough income to petition for you or will need a joint sponsor. Are you currently in status?
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
If you get married in a bona fide real marriage, his past should be OK. Although, the USCIS will likely require proof that he is making support payments.
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
To sponsor you - he needs to marry you. Additionally, you we will need to have someone with sufficient income sponsor your petition.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
Unless he has convictions for sexual offenses related to children, he should not have any issues in petitioning you.