Will misdemeanor drug charges appear on my sons record? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2011

My son was arrested in his college apartment at 3am on Tues. Mar 15, 2011. The police had a warrant to search. They found 1 oz. marijuana in a roommate’s room. My son's room was clean as were the other 2 roommate’s rooms. My son is charged with misdemeanor drug charges because there was a Bong in the living room of the apartment. This is not his. The police told him this would not go on his record and that he has to plead "no contest" to the charges. I am concerned if he does that he is admitting to guilt on something he is not guilty of and will remain on his arrest record. He is 19 years old and a sophomore in college. His record has been clean until now.

LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
It will go on his record. A lawyer is needed here to defend against the charges and argue that the bong was not his but was used by the roommate. The DA may walk away if there is not enough evidence and he finds your son credible.