Will a misdemeanor affect my immigration application? 4 Answers as of May 31, 2011

In 2003 I got a marijuana misdemeanor ticket. I’m applying for citizenship and I just want to know if it affects my background check on my application.

It will affect it but it will not affect your application since it will qualify for the "petty offense exception." If this is your only criminal offense, then you should be fine. Good luck!
This is not a question to be resolved on a message board. You REALLY need to see a competent immigration attorney who specializes in criminal matters. Do not file anything without seeking a full consult!
No, simple possession charge should have no effect on your application for naturalization.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
It may. You need to work with an immigration attorney if you want a definitive answer to this question. For a free consultation you may contact my office or follow the link and fill out the form on my website.