Will marrying affect my green card of his green card application? 7 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I am a green card holder and my boyfriend has a H1-B visa. We are planning to get married this year. Will our marriage have any effect on my applying for citizenship in the future or his application for green card?

No as long as the marriage is legitimate. He needs to be sure to maintain his H-1B until he is able to obtain the green card though.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
No, one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
No, marrying will not affect the immigration application.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No it will not.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
No, it should not affect your naturalization unless you got your green card through marriage and your marriage to or relationship with your boyfriend somehow calls into question the legitimacy of your prior qualifying relationship. It will not affect his H1-b and will in fact improve his situation in that you will be able to sponsor him for a green card once you become a citizen.
    No, except if you marry and then become a citizen, it should greatly speed up his obtaining lawful permanent residency.
    Getting married will not affect you citizenship application. As to affecting his Green Card application, what is the based of his application? If through employment, it would not be affected. If based on a family petition, getting married could affect it, if for example he was petitioned as the unmarried son/daughter/child of a LPR. Once married his petition would be canceled since he was not married.