Will the judge give him 50/50 with him being an alcoholic? 1 Answers as of December 10, 2016

He has a drinking problem. He has 2 DUIs from 2011 and was arrested in 2013 for being drunk in public. He works 6 days a week for 50+ hours. I was served custody/visitation papers saying he wants our 2 boys 50/50. I allow him to see the boys any time he wants during the week and let him take the boys every other weekend. I'm worried about my boys’ safety because of his drinking. When he dropped off my boys, the first thing my 4 year old said was "daddy was drinking at grandpa’s". I told him when he has the boys, he shouldn't be drinking especially when he drives. His friends are also drinkers and smoke weed. My son also told me he had one of his friends spend the night. When he has the boys he should be spending time with them not his friends or drinking.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The court has an obligation to make certain that the child has a relationship with both parents. With that being said, if your husband is not insobriety an appropriate and safe time share can be developed to reflect that. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/10/2016
Click to View More Answers: