Will it cause further delay if I notify the NVC of my status change? 6 Answers as of February 02, 2011

I have an approved immigrant visa petition, married son of U.S. Citizen, that awaits processing by NVC, recently I got divorced. Should I notify NVC about my status change? Will this cause further delay in case processing? Thanks for your help.

Absolutely you need to let them know as this will change you from FB-3 to FB-1 and may make your case go more quickly depending on what country you were born in or can be cross-charged to. Even if it makes your case go more slowly you are no longer entitled to be in the FB-3 category (married child over 21 of a US citizen).
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes you should this will actually help to shorten your wait time as you will move to a different preference category.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
No it will not make a difference. Your marriage would only affect your petition if your parent was a legal permanent resident.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You should definitely contact NVC regarding the divorce and submit proof of divorce judgment. This will speed up your process because as a married son of a US citizen you wait LONGER than unmarried son of a US citizen. Your priority date may be current already since now you are under preference category 1A and not 3A anymore. Check your priority date, and if you have any further question contact my office.
Are you the sponsor? You should withdraw your petition with USCIS. You should write them a letter. You should also write to NVC.
    You must inform the NVC that you are divorced. The failure to do so could result in the denial of your visa. At best, it will delay your case since the consulate will want you to explain why you did not tell them and possibility redo all the visa forms. Also, it should not delay your case since the priority dates for unmarried adult children of US Citizens is closer than the priority dates for married adult children.