Will it be a problem for immigration if I do not have copies of my divorce? 1 Answers as of March 21, 2011

I was divorced before but do not have my divorce copies as now I am filing an I-130. Will this be a problem for my wife?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you are petitioning a spouse you must prove your marriage is valid. That requires that you prove, by submitting court issued documents, that all prior marriages were terminated before you got married. Therefore, you must obtain a certified of copy of your divorce judgment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: