Will it be on my record if I am caught stealing? 4 Answers as of November 10, 2014

I stole more than $200 worth of clothes and I was caught. Will this stay on my record? This is my first time stealing.

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
The most likely answer is yes. There is a chance that you may be able to get a deferred sentence depending on the circumstances which would require you to successfully complete probation before the charge is removed from your public record. This is an instance where it may be in your best interest to hire an experienced defense attorney to see if this is an option.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It will stay on your record if convicted. Exception, would be if you can have an attorney to work to dismiss the charge, you are found not guilty or placed on a sentence applicable to you.
It will only appear on your record if convicted. It will not show if you were caught shoplifting or even arrested. There are ways to keep it off your record even if you are convicted. That is why if you are charged you need to retain an experienced criminal defense lawyer to represent you.
Yes it will stay on your record if you are convicted. Get an attorney now. It is worth the investment in your life potential.