Will it be harder to get a green card because my sponsor is older than me? 6 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I am married to an older lady. She is 10 years old than me. I am 36 and she is 46. I know I love and she loves me. We have been married for 1 year now. I want to apply for my Green Card . Will USCIS gives me and my wife a problem? Would it be harder to file my application due to the age differences ?

As long as it is a legitimate relationship I would not worry about the age difference. There are many ways to show that your marriage is real and your lives are mixed together as a husband and wife's would be.

Are you in or out of the U.S.? If in the U.S. did you enter the U.S. with a visa and passport? We would be happy to assist you through the process of obtaining your permanent residency; contact me and we can determine the procedures necessary to make this happen and the fees and documents required.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
They will look at your case suspiciously, but as long as you provide sufficient evidence that the marriage is legitimate they should not deny your petition.
Age difference unfortunately does raise red flag. It takes proof to establish credibility of your petition. Hire a lawyer to help you! You are more than welcome to contact us for details.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
I have file many adjustments based on marriage of a younger man with a older woman. All were successful. But it is extremely important to well document the relationship with joint documentation. The USCIS wanst to see things like joint bank accounts showing the direct deposits from both spouses, photos of the two of you with other people such as friends or relatives, joint rental agreements, etc...Good luck!
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
For every marriage based immigration application, the USCIS will conduct an interview to verify the bona bide marriage relationship. A qualified attorney can help you prepare for the interview and make sure it is a smooth process.
    The USCIS takes many factors into consideration when determining if a marriage is bona fide for immigration purposes. Age difference between the couple is one factor they may consider. While 10 years is not such a big difference, you can expect them to question you about it. It is important that you and your wife provide as many joint documents (ex. bank statement, insurances, tax returns, lease, credit cards, utility bills, etc._ showing that your marriage is bona fide.