Will it be hard to get approved for I-601a if I get approved for DACA? 4 Answers as of September 15, 2014

I entered the country without inspection but my son and my husband are US citizens. I came to this country when I was 14. Therefore, I am going to apply for DACA first and then apply for I-601a. Maybe I should apply directly to I-601a so I could show them that my family are going to suffer if I get deported. While with DACA, I will not be deported and hard to show immigration that I need a green card.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Daca and 601A waiver are two different reliefs. You could apply both at the same time. Even if your DACA is approved that would not affect your eligibility for 601A waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2014
Michael G. Murray, P.A.
Michael G. Murray, P.A. | Michael Murray
If you mean that you will apply for DACA first and then visa process with I-601a unlawful presence waiver after, I think that should be a good plan. However you will need to be very careful regarding travel outside the U.S. if you have been unlawfully present. You will need strong affidavits and other evidence to prove hardship. The I-601a process is difficult as it is new and untested. Depending on how you entered, you may not need to go this route.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/15/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You should apply for DACA. DACA will allow you to have a two-year stay of deportation and employment authorization. You will still be able to show your family will suffer hardship as the I-601A waives hardship based upon the 10-year bar not deportation.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/15/2014
Click to View More Answers: