Will it be fine for me to change my visa status ones I'm married or It's better to stay as a student and get married while I have my student status? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2014

I came to USA with J-1 visa. I changed my visa for F-1 and I'm a student for 4 years already. I'm getting married in 3 months but I need to enroll for a new semester at school and my I-20 about to expire. I don't want to enroll for a new semester because I want to save money and I will be married soon.

Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You can marry and apply for your green card regardless of your student status. Just file the paperwork soon after the marriage.
There is much more information needed to assess what is the best course of action for you. You would be best advised to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.
You had better enroll for a new semester or you will be out of status and in trouble. You should have left the country and applied for a fiance visa. Now you will have to stay in school and when you get married try to change your status. But you must stay in school while the petition is being evaluated, or you will have problems. You really should hold off on the marriage leave the country and get the fiance visa.