Will it be easy for me to become a legal US resident? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2011

I came to the US from Scotland when I was 8 years old. I came here on a 9 week visa and we just never left. My mother got married and filled out all the paper work needed to become legal but my first stepfather was arrested for child support. When the time came to sign the paper work, he said no. Is it going to be easier for me to become legal as I came here legally?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It depends on your circumstances. The facts you related do not entitle you to a green card. It may be possible for you to become a LPR but you will need to share more information. I basically have none . . . things like who is sponsoring you now, how old you are, is your mother still married, what happened to her paperwork, is stepfather a USC or LPR, was he abusive to your mom, to you, etc. There may be something but I need more. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: