Will it be easy for me to become a legal US resident? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2011

I came to the US from Scotland when I was 8 years old. I came here on a 9 week visa and we just never left. My mother got married and filled out all the paper work needed to become legal but my first stepfather was arrested for child support. When the time came to sign the paper work, he said no. Is it going to be easier for me to become legal as I came here legally?

It depends on your circumstances. The facts you related do not entitle you to a green card. It may be possible for you to become a LPR but you will need to share more information. I basically have none . . . things like who is sponsoring you now, how old you are, is your mother still married, what happened to her paperwork, is stepfather a USC or LPR, was he abusive to your mom, to you, etc. There may be something but I need more. Good luck!