Will the IRS take money from an injured spouse claim? Posted on March 09, 2011

My husband owes back child support from another relationship. He did not have any income for the full 2010 tax year. I was the only one with income. I plan on filing an injured spouse claim but I was wondering if IRS will take any of it (EIC, additional child tax credit, work credit) for the past due debt or am I entitled to it all because I was the only one in the household with income.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: