Will insurance pay for injuries sustained from a vicious assault? How? 13 Answers as of May 22, 2015

Three men come to my home to take the furniture out of my home due to a divorce. I ask the men to leave several times. They attempted to surround me and I pushed one of them back. They then began to pin me to the ground and beat me from head to toe. They were arrested but the DA and ignorant Sheriffs department made several mistakes. The case never went to court. I sustained injuries to my back and later had a total lumbar replacement. I am not able to work and in pain daily. Will my home owners help?

Why not call your insurer and ask? Good Luck.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
Your home owners has no obligation to pay most of the time for this. You have a claim against the persons that hurt you and their homeowners coverage if plead correctly.
Sue them.
Your homeowners insurance has nothing to do with this. Your homeowners insurance is to protect you in case you are liable for injury to someone else. As for the assailants, if they were employed, then you can go after their employer. That will be problematic as well, because although an employer is liable for the tortious acts of its employees, it is generally not liable for illegal conduct, because they are not hired to commit crimes. If they were just "self-employed" to grab up your furniture (we used to call such people "goons" in the old days) you can sue them individually, but who knows if they have any money.
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
Depending on how a skillful lawyer can plead negligence the claim can be made against the other parties, so long as they have some sort of insurance that may cover your claim. Intentional acts are generally not covered by insurance. Good Luck.
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
    That depends upon the coverage language in your insurance contract. Are you suing the assailants? You should be, if they're at all collectible (they should be garnishable, as they're working).
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    No. But you can sue the man and the moving company they work for (if any).
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Lumbar transplants are expensive. Ask the Governor for assistance.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    I don't know whether your homeowners will cover it or not, but it won't hurt to ask your agent. All they can do is say no. It sounds like you possibly have civil claims against your assailants and their employer. You should seriously consider consulting an experienced injury lawyer to discuss your options. Good luck.
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
    It depends on the terms of your policy .You should submit a claim.
    Your home owners policy MAY have a small medical payments coverage. Of course you can sue the bad dudes, but collecting may be a problem.