Will I still be responsible for his loan? 3 Answers as of August 22, 2010

I got a divorce and then filed for bankruptcy. Will my name be removed from the mortgage of my ex husbands house? I am worried that I will become responsible for that loan.

No. your name will not be removed from the loan. But due to the bankruptcy you will not be personally liable for the loan. The bank cannot come after you if he does not pay.
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
Getting a divorce does not take your name off any promissory note or mortgage. If you promised to pay the bank, your promise is not affected by the divorce. Filing bankruptcy and then receiving your discharge can relieve you of your obligation to pay the bank, provided that you did not reaffirm the debt. For specific advice about your matter, please call me.
The Doan Law Firm
The Doan Law Firm | Shawn Doan
As long as you listed the debt in your bankruptcy it will be discharged with all other dischargeable debt.