Will I still be entitled to spousal support? 4 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My husband makes 150.000 a yr he illegally served me divorce papers (in person) he filed a document with the court county sent me a later stating if I dont dispute his claim for divorce within a matter of days I will not be entitled to spousal support he is my only source of income. Please help

Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Yes. You will likely get spousal support. You need to file a Response to his Petition and then you also need to file an Order to Show Cause packet requesting spousal support, attorney fees, and anything else you want right away. Get an attorney if you can.
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
If you allow your husband to default you, you may lose your right to spousal support, and community property. Although your husband serving you personally is not lawful, this should either be formally attacked in court, or resolved. However, your failure to take prompt action one way or the other will leave you vulnerable to significant loss of rights. DO NOT DELAY TAKING FORMAL ACTION!
You should immediately interview experienced Family Law Attorneys and retain one without delay. It sounds like your husband filed a request to enter your default. There is no time to lose. You would likely be entitled to significant spousal support, but if your default is taken after you know that your husband filed the divorce case and claims that you were served, you may be precluded from setting your default aside if you wait too long.
If your matter is in Ventura, Los Angeles, or Santa Barbara Counties, I can help you with this matter. Please contact me for a free consultation.