Will I still be able to rent after bankruptcy? 11 Answers as of May 25, 2015

Will I still be able to rent?

Large landlords have a credit reporting service just for landlords, which reports whether you've paid your rent in the past. Whether they will rent to you depends on your past rentals, not your credit score. Small landlords often don't check further than whether you have a job. So bankruptcy has little or no effect on whether you can rent a new place.
Generally yes. But it would be good to put aside three or four months rent, so if your prospective landlord discovers the bankruptcy and baulks at renting to you, you can offer several months rent in advance.
Yes, of course. Your options may be more limited. But if you have past due accounts, judgments, etc. on your credit report now, you will have the worst of both worlds!
Landlords most often worry about renting to tenants who have been evicted or that don't pay their power bills. They don't care if you didn't pay your credit cards or medical bills.
That is up to the landlord. Generally there is no reason not to.
    I suggest that you see an attorney, and must assume that that you are asking whether or not you will be able to continue your tenancy with your current landlord if you are behind and seek to discharge the past due rent is part of a bankruptcy proceeding. It is difficult to answer the question without the specifics but you may be absolutely assured that if you do not pay your rent timely following the filing of a bankruptcy you will be evicted.
    Idaho Bankruptcy Law | Paul Ross
    Yes. If the landlord will check your credit, there may be some restrictions. But start building your credit after your bankruptcy and you should be on your way back to normal.
    Charles Schneider, P.C.
    Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
    You are not legally prohibited from renting.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    Yes, you will. It may be more difficult to find one, but there is no law against it.
    Unless your company refuses to lease to you.
    Yes. I have client who do it all the time. There are landlords who will not rent to you so be prepared to apply in different places.