Will I receive the money that is left from over paying chapter 13 bankruptcy plan once I've been discharged? 13 Answers as of August 04, 2014

Yes, you will get any surplus funds back.
Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
A motion to return funds to debtor must be filed for you to get the additional funds. The chapter 13 trustee usually files one. So the answer should be yes.
Tokarska Law Center
Tokarska Law Center | Kathryn U. Tokarska
If you overpaid the Trustee should send you a refund. This could be done before discharge is actually entered. In my jurisdiction, Southern District of California, the Trustee will send a letter stating that all of the required payments have been made, that no further payments should be made, and if excess was received it would include a check for the amount.
EDWARD P RUSSELL | EDWARD P RUSSELL
The Ch 13 Trustee must pay all of the claims. Any monies left over should be returned.
If there is money left over from the Chapter 13 plan, the trustee would turn it over to you upon closing the books on the plan. However, plans are designed so there isn't any excess funds, it would take some unusual circumstances to have money left over to return to the debtor.
    Yes, the Trustee must account for all money received in your case, and after debts & administrative expenses have been paid, refund the difference to you. The banrkutpcy court is not a profit making institution.
    Goldberg, Scudieri & Lidenberg, P.C. | Alan J. Goldberg, Esq
    You should be entitled to the return of any overpayment.
    I do not have the info to answer your question. Ask your attorney, or engage one.
    Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law
    Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law | W. Thomas Bunch II
    Yes, if you have paid too much to the Chapter 13 Trustee, the Trustee will refund the over-payment. After you have completed your payments, the Trustee performs an internal audit and will calculate the amount of the refund. This may take several weeks after you have completed your plan payments. Be assured that the Trustee will not keep this over-payment!
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Yes, the trustee should return the unused portion.
    Law Office of Melissa Botting | Melissa Botting
    If you have over paid your plan, your trustee should return the money before your account is closed. this may take several months after discharge.