Will I receive jail time for my third DUI? 5 Answers as of July 20, 2010

I live in California and last weekend I got my third DUI in the past 5 years. I have never served time in jail and I'm scared. I want to know if it is likely that I will have to do time for my third offense.

Law Offices of Ramona Hallam
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam | Ramona Hallam
It really depends on your blood alcohol level and other factors (were there children in the car, test refusal, speeding, or an accident). The sentencing guidelines for San Diego say 120 days are mandatory. Your vehicle will also be impounded for up to 90 days. If you would like to speak with an attorney, feel free to call me.
Law Office of Joe Dane
Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
Unfortunately, there is a mandatory minimum of 120 days jail on a third offense. Can it be converted to anything but jail? It can potentially, depending on the facts of the case, your blood alcohol level and what you do between your arrest and court appearance. House arrest, rehab, weekends, etc. are all possible, but not guaranteed.
You probably will, it is mandatory in the law, as is loss of license. How much time, and how long the loss is negotiable, that’s what attorneys are for. Worst case scenario is to go to trial if you think you can bear the charges. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, feel free to contact me.
If convicted of this charge, you will spend at least 180 days in county jail. The court will add more penalties to the 180 days. If we meet and go over the details of your case, I can show you how I may minimize this so that you do not spend time in jail. Contact me for an appointment. I will come to you.