Will I no longer be legally responsible for my child if the father changes the babys last name? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2011

My wife had a baby and the baby is not mine, I signed the birth certificate before I found out, the babys father wants to change the baby's last name to his last time, when this is done, am I no longer legally responsible for the child.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
Just by changing the child's name does not do away with your obligation to support this child. You must have your parental rights terminated to no longer be responsible for child support.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 8/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: