Will I have to pay child support back if the baby is not my husbands? 1 Answers as of June 14, 2011

My husband and I are separated. I have a baby thats not his. He has to pay child support. Will I have to pay that money back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Wolverine Law | Stuart Collis
In Michigan, a baby born during a marriage, regardless of the father, is deemed to be the husband's child unless a paternity action is started by one of the spouses. If that happens and the child turns out to be someone else's there is a high likelihood that you would have to pay the funds back or obtain them from the biological father.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: