Will I have a problem frequently visiting the US on B2 visa? 6 Answers as of December 04, 2013

What is the best time to visit US under B2 visa? I was in the US in February 2013 and left in August 2013. I stayed in the US around 6 months and I am planning to visit again at end of December 2013. Will it be problem for me at POE because I am coming back too early?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
You might have a problem entering the US if you have been in the US for an extended period of time. You just need to have documentation as to the legitimate reason for your entry to the US again after such a short period of time and be prepared to answer questions as to your intent.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/4/2013
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
A B visa is a non immigrant visa. When your travel history begins to show a pattern of more time in the USA then is reasonable for a visitor, Border Patrol may revoke your visa because immigration intent is suspected. 6 months is a long visit and returning again a few months later is suspect. Since you have only had one long visit you may be okay to return in December however your period of valid visit may be limited to a much shorter period of time. I suggest you bring evidence with you to demonstrate that you have a residence and other ties to your home country.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/2/2013
Mayo Mallette PLLC
Mayo Mallette PLLC | Thomas J. Rosser
You should not have a problem with a subsequent B-2 entry under the circumstances/timing you describe as long as you are not using that classification to essentially "reside" in the U.S. for the majority of the year.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 12/2/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Come in January so that it is the beginning of a new year. Also, do not stay as long this time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/2/2013
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
A second trip within a year should not be a problem, but be prepared to explain how you will support yourself without working in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/2/2013
Click to View More Answers: