Will I have immigration problems if I am laid off? 3 Answers as of October 17, 2010

I have problems with my job. My I-485 has been submitted. I applied for H1b approval and am waiting for my EAD approval. My I-140 has been approved. What is going to happen if I get laid off? Will I be able to keep working with my EAD?

First of all, I hope that you did not submit an I-485 and a I-140 if you submitted for an H-1B. But since your employer's I-140 was approved, then the likelihood is that you are applying for a green card (Eb-1 or 2 or 3), which explains the submission of the I-485 for adjustment of status. If all the EAD (I-765) application documents are submitted, then the present employer is still responsible until your I-485 is approved or they notify the CIS that you have been terminated. If you are able to obtain another employer, however, he may be able to help. You have the authorization to work once you have EAD, with a green card. If you want to gain another employer sponsor, and you need further help, call or e-mail me, and we'll set up an appointment for a consultation.
Yes, but you will need to find a new job in a same or similar job classification as your PERM and I-140 position in order for you to be able to adjust on the basis of that initial petition.