Will I have difficulty getting child custody of my son in Georgia? Posted on January 18, 2011

I am female and lost custody of my son last year. The judge prolonged my divorce and the interim ordered my then husband to pay $65.00 a month. Now that we are divorced the judge ordered me to $100.00 a month. My only income was social security check for my son. My ex has income from social security check for him and now the one for my son and he also works. I have in October of 2010 sought modification and for me to have physical custody of my son. We do not yet have a court date. Although I see my son every other weekend and every Wednesday, I am afraid because I have not been able to pay child support, Can the judge say this is child abandonment? And why did the judge order for me to pay more money than my ex when he has all the income?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: