Will I have a criminal record? 3 Answers as of August 15, 2011

I recently got caught stealing at Walmart. I went to court and was given 6 months ACD and community service. I finished my community service and got caught stealing again at Kohl's. My ACD is not over yet. I am a 4th year college student and am graduating this year. My lawyer said he would talk to the DA. Will this go on my record?

I can not answer definetely but if they decide to prosecute you for the second incident thenyou will not get the ACOD and if you plead guilty or are convicted then yes you willhave a record
You were given a break and you committed the same crime again. The judge could refuse your plea and you will wither have to plead to the misdemeanor or be convicted at trial. You will not go to jail, but you will forever have a criminal record and be labeled as a thief. You will find it difficult to get a good job with a criminal record. You are not a good decision maker and you have very bad judgment. You threw away your future for a few dollars. You disgraced your good name and embarrassed your family. You must make better decisions in the future. I hope you realize finally that only small people stale or cheat. You must value your reputation and study hard to become a success. Apparently you are not a good thief since you got caught both times, and so it is time to grow up and act like a responsible adult. If this sounds harsh it is because the truth is very hard to accept, but it is the only path to change. You need to seriously reconsider the way you lead your life and work hard to be successful, honest, and respected...not a petty thief.
Probably yes. One rarely gets a second ACD.