Will I go to jail for a second offense of petty larceny in 45 days? 2 Answers as of January 19, 2015

I have never been in trouble in 40 years until receiving a petty theft charge from shop lifting. I was given an appearance ticket and when I went to court, I was just told to do 25 hours community service and take a theft class. It would have been acd in six months. For no good reason, I shop lifted in a different county last night again. I was given an appearance ticket for the same charge. I knew better both times and now fear I will go to jail. For the sake of my daughter and myself I will never shop lift again. It's not who I am. Just want to get through this and put it behind me. Please no rude comments.

Team Green Lawyers, PLLC
Team Green Lawyers, PLLC | Scott Brenneck
There are a numbers of factors that go into a person's sentence for any crime. Those factors vary depending upon the jurisdiction the crime was committed in and the person's criminal history. Any time a defendant continues to commit crime when he or she has a pending charge it may have a significant impact on the potential punishment if he or she is convicted. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss your particular situation.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You don't say what Counties are involved but I don't think you are going to jail. Focus on avoiding a criminal record for life. I suggest that you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.