Will I go to jail for driving without a license? 2 Answers as of February 09, 2012

I was pulled over in Dec and recently in Jan and both times I was arrested for driving with a suspended license/no license. I have court this week. Am I looking at jail time?

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
You should not go to jail for Op without a license unless it was after several previous convictions. If you are really worried call a local lawyer.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq. | Kelly Broadbent
Whether you are looking at jail time depends on several factors: why you are suspended, prior similar offenses, and prior record. Most likely of you have no criminal record and the license was suspended or something simple (like not paying a ticket) you will most likely be looking at a fine. If it was suspended for oui or for habitual traffic violations, or is something you have been convicted of multiple times, there is a stronger likelihood of jail time.